I'm gonna copy someone and do a list of updates, funnies, etc.
- We've been robbed and it's not the sock thief this time. Or at least I don't think it is.
This time it's the microwave food cover thief. Yep, my cracked plastic thingy that keeps food explosions in the microwave to a minimum, is GONE. I noticed yesterday that it wasn't in the microwave where wekeepit and thought that was strange. So I looked at the counters and dishdrain. Nope. Recycle bin? nope. And then I just figured JOn must've put it somewhere or that I 'd thrown it away or hidden it from myself, but I didn't feel like taking the time to search. When Jon got home I asked him about it and , after checking in the microwave for himself, he proceeded to look in every cabinet and drawer, some twice. It is nowhere to be found at this point. Weird!
- Micah has not climbed out of his bed or poop-painted in over a week! Woo Hoo!!!
- School is going well. Lydi is soaking everything up like a sponge. I'm amazed at what she is capable of learning and doing.
- Nate is so MOBILE. He's got his own version of crawling but he can get anywhere and fast! He's sitting up, waving, and smiling A LOT! I'm so thankful for his joy! What I'm not so thankful for, though, is his stinky poop! We've started feeding him some food and PEE UUUUUUUUUU! Sometimes I have to ask myself why I didn't wait for the solids. But it was inevitable, right?
- Yesterday was kind of lousy for me. I woke up later than planned which is never easy for me to get over. And then it really seemed like the kids were just on a mission to make me looney. So I was finally fixing myself some lunch and made some kind of grumbling noise at something Lydi had done or said. And Micah goes " Mommy, why you do dat? Why you make dat noise?" And I said " Because, you guys are making me very angry" And Lydi goes " We're just being kids." Ouch!!! She's so right. So why am I getting so bent outta shape when they're just being the kids that they are? The kidsGod trusted me to train up. This is my job. I'm like the restaurant worker who's annoyed that customers are coming in hungry, or the dish washer annoyed that dishes are being dirtied, or the lawn guy sick of the grass keeping on growing, you get my point.
- okay, I'll stop this insanity. I know there's more I wanted to write about, but I keep getting interrupted so I've lost it and this post is probably too long already.
P.S. What's up with nobody sharing their childhood memories? Am I a dork for asking? Guess I was just feeling sentimental...